Holy Ghost Catholic School, founded in 1912, was opened by five Dominican sisters as St. Thomas Aquinas School. The thirty students who enrolled that year were taught in the convent. Funds solicited from the church in 1913 helped to build a frame building with four rooms which serviced the parish for thirty-seven years with eight grades.
In 1949, a new school was dedicated and named Holy Ghost School. The enrollment was 274 students and consisted of eight rooms, library, office, waiting room, first aid room, two janitor closets, auditorium, kitchen and the Sister's private quarters.
Holy Ghost School continued to grow and expand over the years adding two more classroom buildings, a computer lab, gym, cafeteria, Early Learning Center, and administrative offices. Presently, our enrollment is more than 600 students in grades PreK2 - 8th with a faculty and staff of 67.